Just yesterday WordPress released WordPress for iPhone 2 app to the iPhone app store. It improves mobile blogging for iPhone and WordPress users and adds numerous new features.
The most notable difference between the first WordPress app for the iPhone and WordPress for iPhone 2 is the ability for the user to toggle very easily between posts, comments, and pages. The first WordPress app for iPhone required the user to hit the back arrow button at the top of the screen in order to change to a different section.
Installing WordPress for iPhone 2
The installation process is not 100% seamless but I’m sure they’ll improve it for the next version. Installing WordPress for iPhone 2 doesn’t overwrite the first version. It simply installs it. Once you’re satisfied with the new version and logged in, you can trash the first version. It would have been wise of them to put the number 2 on the icon itself so that you could tell which one you’re about to tap on, but they didn’t. Once you’re in the app, you do see version 2. The installation can be done from the iPhone itself or by access the app store from your computer as usual.
Key Improvements in WordPress for iPhone 2
- A new, more efficient user interface that makes it faster to switch between comments, posts, and pages.
- Various user interface refinements and bug fixes
- New Comments interface, with Gravatars and the author URL shown in the comment list
- Passwords are now stored in the keychain
- Posts are now automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost during publishing
- Added persistence, so the app re-opens in the blog you last used
- Added an interface for manually entering the XMLRPC endpoint for non-standard setups
- Fixed rotation-related visual glitches
- Fixed errors where malformed XML prevented access to XMLRPC endpoint
- Fixed edge case where local drafts were sometimes not saved
- Fixed the order of photos so that they’re displayed in the order they’re uploaded
There are 2 blogs set up for WordPress and iPhone. You can read about the release of the new app on this post:
ReadWriteWeb gives its two cents on the new app:
Has anyone tried it? If so, let me know what you think in the comments.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Mobile Blogging Gets Easier with WordPress 2.0 for iPhone (blogherald.com)
- WordPress for iPhone 2 is actually usable! (downloadsquad.com)
- WordPress 2.0 Now Available for iPhone and iPod Touch (techie-buzz.com)
- WordPress’ sophomore iPhone debut impresses (news.cnet.com)
Popularity: 15% [?]